Valentine’s Day is coming up and love is in the air throughout the city Charlotte. From quaint dinner places to chocolate tastings there’s something for everyone this holiday. So whether you’re single, dating, or in a long term relationship, we have some ideas to help embrace the holiday of LOVE.
1. Chocolate and wine pairing at Petit Philippe • Head to Petit Philippe on Selwyn Avenue for a chocolate and wine pairing. All of the chocolate is custom made in house by Twenty Degrees chocolate.
2. Galentine’s Day Shop, Drop, and Flow • This event will have everything from shopping to yoga to a watercolor calligraphy class. It’s being held at Sugar Creek Brewing Sunday February 11th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
3. Queen City Makers Valentines Market at Legion Brewing • A Valentine’s, Mardi Gras mash up event will be held at Legion Brewing Sunday February 11th from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. Enjoy beer, kombucha, and live music, plus pop up shops so you can buy Valentine’s Day gifts for your loved ones.
4. Speed Dating at Barista Craft • Mix and mingle at Barista Craft on February 11 from 7 until 9 p.m.
5. Horse drawn carriage ride with Charlotte City Center Carriage Tours • Take in the sights of the city while on a romantic horse drawn carriage. Cuddle up and learn some new things about our beautiful city!
6. Chef Alyssa’s Kitchen Valentine’s Day cooking class • Local celebrity Chef Alyssa is hosting a Valentine’s Day cooking class on February 14th. Grab your gals or your sweetheart and learn to make an amazing meal. Sign up online.
7. Valentine’s Day burlesque show • This event, held at the Fillmore, is a little more outside of the box. Experience sultry dancers, lively music, fashion, and comedy all in one big party. The show takes place Friday February 9th at 9 p.m.
8. Chocolate making class at The Secret Chocolatier • Make beautiful and delicious chocolates at the Secret Chocolatier on Providence Road. Get together a group of couple’s, or your best girl friends, and schedule a private party for guaranteed fun.
9. Cupids and Canines at Cabarrus Brewing Company • Who deserves your love more than puppies? On Saturday February 10th Cabarrus Brewing Company is holding their 9th annual cupids and canines event. The nonprofit free event will have food trucks, beer, and best of all, furry friends!
10. Dinner at one of Charlotte’s many top-rated restaurants • McNinch House is known for it’s cozy, romantic vibe while The King’s Kitchen has a special Valentine’s Day menu. Looking for a spot for fancy drinks? Try the brand new rooftop bar, Merchant and Trade. Another great view of the city can be found at Fahrenheit, located in the heart of uptown.