When it comes to running your lash business, it’s all about efficiency and quality. Though it’s important to stay on schedule and book appointments accordingly, it’s more important to create beautiful sets for your clients. Balancing efficiency and quality can be especially tricky when starting out. Here are a few ways you can increase your lashing speed without compromising quality.
1. Be prepared and organized. Before your client even arrives, tidy up your work space. Be sure the proper lashes, adhesive and tools are in proximity to your work space. Also, make sure they’re all on your dominant hand’s side so you’re not reaching across the client. When you have an organized work space, you don’t have to spend time searching for things which is a waste of everyone’s time.
2. Use lash maps. You always need a plan when you are lashing. Lash Affair’s Lash Map™ Stickers will help keep the guess work out of the application process. Simply follow the map to achieve the desired look so you don’t have to spend time strategizing.
3. Create client profiles. Come up with a portfolio for each client. Take notes about allergies, irritations, what adhesive they use and, most importantly, the lash look they love. Take five minutes to customize your work station to accommodate clients individually.
4. Stay focused. Don’t let stress get the best of you! It may seem silly, but this is a big one. You can’t do good, efficient work if your head is not in the lash game. Trust yourself. Focus on following the lash map. Once you get a routine down, things will become second nature and you’ll be able to increase your speed.
5. Take breaks. It may seem kind of counter productive since we are talking about increasing you lash speed, but personal breaks can make a HUGE difference in the quality and efficiency of your work. Trust me. Be sure to schedule a few 10 minute breaks as well as an opportunity to eat lunch. You need to stay energized and focused all day long.
Looking for more ways you can increase your Classic or Volume lashing speed? Sign up for our private mentoring sessions for the one-on-one attention that will help you go from good to great!