Every experienced lash artist knows that when it comes to lashes, quality work matters! Even though we cringe when we hear people talk about $25 lash extensions and clusters, the truth is that sometimes people genuinely don’t understand the difference. One of our biggest jobs as lash artists is to successfully build an online portfolio throughout our website and social media channels that both explains and sells our services accordingly. It’s very important to have a place to send people who have questions. Here are some tips you can use to build a better online presence for your lash business.
1. Show don’t tell. It may seem simple enough to you, but explaining the difference between a volume vs. classic set sometimes isn’t enough. Provide clear pictures of your work on your website that demonstrates the difference between the different lash options that you offer. A pictures really is worth 1,000 words!
2. Provide pictures of your services. Stock photos are great for taking your website to the next level, but it’s important to remember to use pictures of your work when you are describing your services. This helps demonstrates your experience and quality skills that can help set you apart from the competition. Clients can also build realistic exceptions by using real life photos that haven’t been in Photoshop!
3. Keep it short. A good website captures and engages visitors while providing everything they need to convince them to book a lash appointment. You don’t have to write the great American novel. If you have a lot of information to share- that’s great! Start a weekly blog so you can provide fresh content to your followers each week that will keep them coming back for more.
4. Create a FAQs page. This is a great place to direct people! Think of the most common questions, problems or concerns you’ve received in your career and provide answers. Remember, your website is the backbone of your business so you should never be afraid to drive people to your site.
5. Ask for reviews. Really, it’s OK! Follow up with an e-mail campaign to your clients after a great appointment and send them straight to your Google reviews to help drive your SEO traffic. This is a simple way for you to go up in the search rankings which can help you book an appointment over your competition.
We’re taking our own advice and currently working on relaunching our new iLashCharlotte website!! Stay tuned…