It’s already been a long, hot summer! And with 50 official days left until the first day of fall, there seems to be no end to this heat in sight. If you are a fellow east-coaster, you already know that high temperatures and humidity levels can wreak havoc on your beauty routine. Check out our list of sweat-proof tips that will keep you looking great even when you’re melting!
- Build a solid base. A beautiful, radiant complexion starts with a good skincare routine. Incorporate a 3-step regimen that includes a cleanser, toner and moisturizer. Don’t forget to protect your skin from the sun! Use an SPF 30 to block the sun’s harmful rays that can cause wrinkles, sun spots and premature aging. Remember, the better your complexion, the less makeup you have to wear!
- Go sheer. Apply a thin layer of foundation and concealer to hide your flaws. Too much makeup will look built up and caked on- especially in the summer heat. The last thing you want when it’s 90+ degrees is to feel like you’re wearing a mask!
- Stick with creams. Prevent a makeup meltdown by using creams instead of powders. Cream eye shadows and blush tend to have better staying power so they won’t melt off as easily as powders. If you choose a cream foundation, be sure to use a beauty blender to evenly distribute the right amount of product to avoid a cakey look.
- Blot don’t powder. Use a blotting tissue to remove excessive oil and shine instead of powder. Powder-free tissues help absorb oil without disturbing your makeup. They will also provide a smooth, matte finish which is perfect on a hot summer day.
- Get eyelash extensions! Really, don’t waste your time (and money) applying mascara only to watch it melt off moments later. Skip the embarrassing ‘running mascara’ look at the pool with a great set of eyelash extensions. Not only are they water and sweat proof, but they also add instant glam to your summer look without any prep.