It’s no secret that the key to beautiful, long lashes is keeping up with your refill appointments. Your lash artist will want to see you every 2-4 weeks to maintain your glamorous look but there are some things you can do in between appointments to maintain your lash extensions that will keep them looking healthy and beautiful in between fills.
1. Do not pick, pull or constantly play with your lashes. Excessive handling could shorten the lifespan of your lashes and the oils and bacteria on your hands could cause infections and irritation.
2. Brush your lashes daily. This helps keep them looking full and healthy. Use a mascara wand to brush them gently at the root so as not to disturb the bonding agent.
3. Try not to sleep directly on your lashes. This is especially important for all side and stomach sleepers. If you can’t sleep on your back, we recommend using a lash pillow or sleep mask to help protect and prolong the life of your lash extensions.
4. Stay away from lash curlers and oil-based makeup/skincare products. Some oils found in creams, makeup and mascaras can breakdown the components of the bonding agent and cause your lashes to shed prematurely. Lash curlers are harsh on your lashes and you could risk pulling the extension from your natural lash. If you are looking for a more dramatic curl, we recommend discussing different curl options with your lash artist.
5. Clean your lashes daily. Use an approved lash cleaner or conditioner, we recommend Lash Affair’s Chrissanthie Lid Cleanser which can be used daily as a lash shampoo and makeup remover. Dry your lashes using a cool-setting hair dryer to avoid potential disruption from a towel or cloth.
You should also remember that your eyelashes continue to grow and shed on a cycle check out our post breaking down the process here. Don’t be alarmed if you see a lash extension fall out with a natural lash…it’s all part of a healthy cycle! Have more questions on eyelash aftercare? Just ask! We’re always happy to help and we love meeting new people. Happy lashing!